Patient Bill of Rights
Each Person Receiving Care from Saad Healthcare Shall Have the Right:
1. To be fully informed of and to consent or refuse to consent to the services to be provided.
2. To exercise all rights as a Saad Healthcare patient or to have a legal representative exercise such rights when the Patient cannot.
3. To not be subject to any reprisal or discrimination for exercising his or her rights.
4. To have his or her property treated with respect.
5. To voice grievances regarding treatment, care, services or lack of respect for property without fear of discrimination or reprisal for doing so.
6. To have Saad Healthcare investigate all complaints made by the Patient or Patient's family, guardian or legal representative regarding treatment, care or services or lack of respect for property and document the complaint and its resolution.
7. To be informed, in advance, of care, treatment and services and of any changes in the care, treatment or services to be furnished, including all disciplines furnishing care and frequency of visits to be furnished.
8. To be informed that all services, including therapies and supplies, will be provided by the primary HHA (Saad Healthcare).
9. To participate in the planning of care, treatment or services and in planning changes in the provision of services.
10. To confidential treatment of Medical Records and any Clinical Practice Data maintained by Saad Healthcare and to be informed of Saad Healthcare's policies for release of records. See Section B above and "Notice of Privacy Practices" in this document.
11. To be advised, before care or service is initiated, of the extent to which payment for services may be expected from Medicare or other sources, and the extent to which payment may be required from the Patient, and of any changes in this information.
12. To be informed of the State toll free Bureau of Licensure and Certification Hot Line. The purpose of this Hot Line is to receive complaints or questions. This Hot Line number is 1-800-356-9596. It is available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
13. To receive effective pain management and symptom control for conditions related to the patient's condition.
14. To be free from mistreatment, neglect, or verbal, mental, sexual, and physical abuse, including injuries of unknown source, and misappropriation of property.