Wound Care Nurse
Saad Healthcare is seeking registered Wound Care and Ostomy Nurses for full-time positions in both our home health and our hospice programs in our Mobile and Baldwin County locations.
Come and work in a congenial environment and obtain the satisfaction of helping seniors and others in need to get the help they need! Our organization is committed to your development and will train you in the habits and tools needed to be successful in our organization.
You will administer skilled nursing care and ensure proper management of wounds that are the result of disease, injury, or chronic or acute medical conditions. Specifically, you will:
- Work with the home health care team to ensure compliance with each patient’s care plan established by the physician, supervising nurse, or case manager
- Evaluate, treat, and manage acute and chronic wounds
- Provide care to quickly and safely heal wounds, including surgical openings, ulcers, pressure ulcers, feeding tube sites, and abscesses
- Clean wounds and monitor for signs of infection
- Assess, record, and report the patient’s status to the physician and the home health care team
- Be a patient advocate to physicians and collaborate with wound centers regarding wound and ostomy care.
- Teach, supervise, and counsel patients and their family members regarding the wound and ostomy care
- Educate staff (RNs and LPNs) regarding prevention techniques and the proper use of wound care supplies
You must have a current valid RN license and wound care certification (WOCN or CETN). You should have clinical experience in wound care. Home health experience is recommended but not required.
You should have excellent nursing skills, enjoy working with elderly and ill people, possess good communication skills, and have a high level of initiative.
You will be accountable to the Director of Nursing.
We offer competitive pay and generous benefits! Come join our growing team and find out why Saad Healthcare is a great company to be a part of!