Saad Healthcare is seeking registered Respiratory Therapists for full-time positions in both our home health and our hospice programs in our Mobile and Baldwin County locations.
Come and work in a congenial environment and obtain the satisfaction of helping seniors and others in need to get the help they need! Our organization is committed to your development and will train you in the habits and tools needed to be successful in our organization.
You will administer cardiopulmonary care in the home to patients who have respiratory issues and disorders. Specifically, you will:
- Work with the home health care team to ensure compliance with each patient’s care plan established by the physician, supervising nurse, or case manager
- Assesss and monitor all patients that have oxygen orders, trach patients with oxygen needs, and patients with any type of respiratory condition that requires advanced respiratory products
- Interview and examine patients and assess the patient’s respiratory condition and set appropriate interventions and goals
- Perform appropriate diagnostic tests to evaluate lung capacity
- Treat patients using appropriate methods, including chest physiotherapy and aerosol medications and equipment
- Assess, record, and report the patient’s status to the physician and the home health care team
- Teach, supervise, and counsel patients and their family members regarding the use of ventilators and other treatment systems in their homes or in an inpatient hospice setting; inspect and clean equipment; check the home for environmental hazards; and ensure that patients know how to administer their medications.
You must have a current valid Respiratory Therapy certification and clinical experience in respiratory care. Home health experience is recommended but not required.
You should have excellent clinical skills, enjoy working with elderly and ill people, possess good communication skills, and have a high level of initiative.
You will be accountable to the Director of Nursing.
We do not pay a relocation fee or cover moving expenses.
We offer competitive pay and generous benefits! Come join our growing team and find out why Saad Healthcare is a great company to be a part of!