Saad Healthcare is seeking a registered Psychiatric Nurse for a full-time position in our Mobile and Baldwin County locations.
Come and work in a congenial environment and obtain the satisfaction of helping seniors and others in need to get the help they need! Our organization is committed to your development and will train you in the habits and tools needed to be successful in our organization.
You will administer skilled nursing care in the home to patients who have been diagnosed with behavioral disorders such as anxiety, depression, dementia, mood disturbances, and cognitive impairment, or any type of psychiatric disorder. Specifically, you will
- Work with the home health care team to ensure compliance with each patient’s care plan established by the physician, supervising nurse, or case manager
- Assess the patient’s mental and behavioral condition and needs and set appropriate interventions and goals
- Evaluate the patient’s symptoms
- Report reactions to treatments of drugs and changes in emotional condition to the case manager and physician and promote follow-up appointments with physicians and psychiatric facilities
- Teach, supervise, and counsel patients and their family members regarding the nursing care and medication management
You must have a current valid RN license and meet one of the following qualifications:
- Have a bachelor’s degree in nursing and one year of experience in an active treatment unit in a psychiatric or mental health hospital or outpatient clinic.
- Have a diploma or associate’s degree with two years experience in an active treatment unit in a psychiatric or mental health hospital or outpatient clinic.
On an individual basis, other combinations of education and experience may be considered, subject to approval from appropriate Medicare accrediting agencies. In addition, home health experience is recommended but not required.
You should have excellent nursing skills, enjoy working with elderly and ill people, possess good communication skills, and have a high level of initiative.
You will be accountable to the Director of Nursing.
We offer competitive pay and generous benefits! Come join our growing team and find out why Saad Healthcare is a great company to be a part of!