Mr. Phillips is an eighty-two year old gentleman who was referred to Saad Healthcare after he suffered a stroke. The stroke left Mr. Phillips with muscle weakness that limited his ability to walk and get around his home to perform normal activities such as bathing, shaving, and getting dressed. The stroke also kept Mr. Phillips from being able to d...
Chuck Oates, Physical Therapist
Calling to say Tracey (home health nurse) is so compassionate. She does not make me feel uncomfortable, and she takes her time. Tracey is good at what she does and I want to keep her as my nurse!...
Home Health Patient
Being a hospice chaplain is always a blessing but recently I had the opportunity to be part of something very special. On my first visit with Ann (name changed to protect the patient's privacy) it was obvious her cancer was taking its toll.
She had accepted the doctor's announcement regarding her condition and had begun to get her affairs...
John Landrum, Hospice Chaplain, Mississippi Office
I had the blessing of being with Dorothy, a hospice patient, and her family as she took her last breath in this world. It was a mix of a great loss, grief, and sadness and also a light of relief, joy, and hope. Unmistakably, though, there was a great sense that we were not alone, that one much greater than ourselves was present with us in that bedr...
Zach Thompson, Hospice Chaplain
To the staff of Saad Healthcare,
My family and I are so grateful and thankful for your support, understanding, compassion, and patience during our mother's illness. We can't imagine what we would have done without your staff.
Everyone at Saad Healthcare has been there for us and has made our mother's transition from the ho...
Just a note to express my thanks for all you did for me during my recovery. Your were not only my nurse, you were my friend. Thank You! Thank You! Thank you!
Now for the newest, Iím having surgery again this Friday, November 12. Quite by accident, my neurologist found some damage in my neck through an EMG test, and set up an MRI for me...
I attended the Certified Nursing Assistant Program this year, as I wanted to earn more money through a move into the healthcare field. The Saad CNA school took only two weeks to complete and put me in the classroom with instructors who have worked in the industry and know how to explain the material and skills needed to gain certification.
We really appreciate the wonderful care your staff gave to our father during his last days. Thank you so much for the flowers and the cake. Everyone involved in his care was so kind and compassionate, and my dad really appreciated it. Thank you to your wonderful chaplain whose inspiring words were a great comfort to us at the time of our father's d...
Family of a Hospice patient
I wanted to compliment Teresa, RN, for being kind, caring, and loving and doing an excellent job. Kudos to Teresa!
I told all of my church family how great Saad Healthcare has been and that if they were to get sick they should call Saad!...
Home Health Patient
[My physical therapist] worked me out with a few exercises, and not so many I couldnít remember them. I told him of my fears of falling and this was addressed daily. I have never had so much long-term pain, and he gave me a logical answer and approximation of how long this would take. I have anxiety episodes, and he always was good to assure me it ...
In this day and age, all too many people only like to complain.
My wife and I, however, wish to compliment one of your employees, Mr. Kinner Stroud. Dr. Seibert's office, on Friday, January 25, 2013, faxed over to your office a request for a bedside commode, as they were putting wife on lasix. In her present condition, she would be unable ...
Seymour & Natalie Lichtenfeld, Medical Supply Cust
Iíve been with Saad Healthcare for 2 years and I absolutely love it! Several things set this agency apart from all the others. The Saad family are very committed to providing the best care and support to the patients they serve. Saad Healthcare is the only full-service agency on the Mississippi coast. If a patient should need to call the agency in ...
Jane Cuthrow, R.N.
The week before school began a few years ago, my 92-year-old father, who lived with my husband and me, fell and could no longer walk. I called Saad Healthcare and asked to speak to Mrs. Dorothy Dunning. She immediately sent a member of her staff to our house with a wheelchair and set up appointments with a physical therapist. Without the care given...
My mother was a hospice patient, and I want you to know that Janet, who was her nurse for ten months, made my life more bearable during this very trying time. Janet set the bar very high. She was kind, caring, and extremely patient, not only toward my mother, but also toward me. I am so thankful that Janet was assigned to my mother. Janet's persona...
People always ask me how I can work with Hospice. I find it hard to explain, but I will attempt to explain why I do what I do. I read an article recently that talked about how people remember the moments in their lives. They don't remember days, months, or years, they remember moments. Do you remember the feelings you had when you found out you wer...
Saad Social Worker
Patient Bill of Rights
Each Person Receiving Care from Saad Healthcare Shall Have the Right:
1. To be fully informed of and to consent or refuse to consent to the services to be provided.
2. To exercise all rights as a Saad Healthcare patient or to have a legal representative exercise such rights when the Patient cannot.
3. To not be subject to any reprisal or discrimination for exercising his or her rights.
4. To have his or her property treated with respect.
5. To voice grievances regarding treatment, care, services or lack of respect for property without fear of discrimination or reprisal for doing so.
6. To have Saad Healthcare investigate all complaints made by the Patient or Patient's family, guardian or legal representative regarding treatment, care or services or lack of respect for property and document the complaint and its resolution.
7. To be informed, in advance, of care, treatment and services and of any changes in the care, treatment or services to be furnished, including all disciplines furnishing care and frequency of visits to be furnished.
8. To be informed that all services, including therapies and supplies, will be provided by the primary HHA (Saad Healthcare).
9. To participate in the planning of care, treatment or services and in planning changes in the provision of services.
10. To confidential treatment of Medical Records and any Clinical Practice Data maintained by Saad Healthcare and to be informed of Saad Healthcare's policies for release of records. See Section B above and "Notice of Privacy Practices" in this document.
11. To be advised, before care or service is initiated, of the extent to which payment for services may be expected from Medicare or other sources, and the extent to which payment may be required from the Patient, and of any changes in this information.
12. To be informed of the State toll free Bureau of Licensure and Certification Hot Line. The purpose of this Hot Line is to receive complaints or questions. This Hot Line number is 1-800-356-9596. It is available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
13. To receive effective pain management and symptom control for conditions related to the patient's condition.
14. To be free from mistreatment, neglect, or verbal, mental, sexual, and physical abuse, including injuries of unknown source, and misappropriation of property.